Milestones everywhere in last night's big 5-2 win over the Isles at the Can-You-Hear-Me-Now?-Good Center, including:
- Olie Kolzig got win number 250 in his great career - by the same 5-2 score and over the same team against whom he got his first win in January of 1995.
- Jeff Friesen got his 500th career point on his third period helper.
- Alexander Ovechkin scored his 40th (and subsequently his 41st) goal of the year. AO has now scored at least one goal against 22 of 24 teams he's played this year (San Jose and Los Angeles are the only teams to keep him from lighting the lamp, San Jose the only team to keep him off the scoresheet entirely this season).
The WTimes' recap is here, the WaPo's is here. For more, head over to Netsrak's recap of the Tuesday Morning Caps Reading Material.
Thread of the Day: Will AO Make DC A FA Destination In The Offseason? (Holy acronyms, Batman!)
Elsewhere 'round the rinks:
- Alex is on the cover of this week's Hockey News (pictured). Memo to self: pick up a copy, have him sign it, frame it.
- Mark Parrish has not yet been traded. Also not yet traded, Roberto Luongo, Olli Jokinen, Brendan Witt...
- Happy Birthday to former Cap Mike Eagles (b. 1963).
- Hart: Alexander Ovechkin (2 goals, including game winner with 0.5 seconds left in the second period, assist, +1, 7 shots on goal)
- Ross: Alexander Ovechkin (3 points)
- Norris: Bryan Muir (2 goals)
- Vezina: Martin Gerber (Win, 37 saves on 38 shots on goal)
- Richard: Alexander Ovechkin, Bryan Muir, Mike Ribeiro (2 goals each)
- Calder: Alexander Ovechkin (2 goals, including game winner with 0.5 seconds left in the second period, assist, +1, 7 shots on goal)
- Aiken: Darryl Sydor (-3, 3 giveaways, 0 takeaways, 0 hits, 1 shot on goal in 4-0 loss to Ottawa)
I really doubt he'll frame it for you
Good call, though I've yet to see anything he can't do.
Post a Comment