The Caps travel to Rochester for tonight's tilt against über-rookies Tomas Vanek, Ryan Miller and the Buffalo Sabres. Things have gotten so bad on the Washington blueline that Caps forward Ben Clymer is now Caps defenseman Ben Clymer, Bryan Muir is returning to the lineup and will see time on the top power play unit, and Nolan Yonkman is back from Hershey. As bleak as all that sounds, I have a feeling we haven't even come close to hitting rock bottom yet.
In other Caps news, in an effort to jump start a tepid offense, the team recalled forward Brooks Laich, who had been lighting up the AHL (6 goals, 10 points in 7 games), and sent down wing Boyd Gordon (0 points, -3 in 9 games), who hasn't lit up anything since juniors. Laich could see time on the top line with Alex Ovechkin and Dainius Zubrus. Also, the team's Saturday game at Florida has been postponed due to damage to the arena caused by Hurricane Wilma (either that or the Panthers are scared of Hurricane Alex).
Elsewhere around the League:
- Hart: Mike Ribeiro (Game-tying goal in the third, game winner in OT)
- Ross: Alexei Yashin, Greg de Vries (3 points each)
- Norris: Greg de Vries (3A)
- Vezina: Jason LaBarbera (W, 29 saves on 30 shots against)
- Richard: Mike Ribeiro, Alexei Yashin, Ilya Kovalchuk, Raffi Torres, Jamal Mayers (2G each)
- Calder: Jason LaBarbera (W, 29 saves on 30 shots against)
Post a Comment