Prior commitments and a wonky TiVo prevented me from taking in last night's game - which, by all accounts, was a dominating performance that still resulted in a too-close-for-comfort final few minutes - so feel free to discuss your observations in the comments.
And on an unrelated note - KB and I would like to take a second to thank Elliotte Friedman and his Hockey Night In Canada crew for putting together a great piece on hockey bloggers and media access, and to thank Nate Ewell and the organization for creating the environment in which something like this can happen. But we'd also like to give a quick shout out to Eric McErlain, who the CBC somehow overlooked, for helping to blaze the trail and blur the line between old and new media. Cheers.
- Hart: Vincent Lecavalier (2G, including the game-winner, A, +2, 7 SOG)
- Ross: Vincent Lecavalier, Ryan Smyth, David Legwand, Jaroslav Spacek (3 points each)
- Norris: Jaroslav Spacek (G, 2A, +3, 4 hits, 5 blocked shots)
- Vezina: Kari Lehtonen (33-save shutout win)
- Richard: Six players tied with 2G apiece
- Calder: Curtis Glencross (2G, including the OT game-winner, +1, 3 SOG)
- Aiken: John Grahame (L, 8 goals allowed on 25 shots against)