Thursday, July 19, 2007

Hate Cancer? Love Hockey?

The Put Cancer On Ice folks are holding their monthly pickup hockey game over at Kettler on July 29 (details are here) and donating the proceeds to Hockey Fights Cancer.

As you probably would guess, this month's game takes on a little extra significance with the recent passing of WTimes beat writer Dave Fay and, to that end, the money raised at this month's event will be donated in Fay's name.

So head out to Kettler and lace 'em up for a good cause and to honor a good man. And if you can't make it out there, you can always donate in other ways.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really appreciate the plug Japers, also, don't know how I missed that e-mail link at the bottom of the page, old age I guess.

Thanks again, hope to see some folks at Kettlers on the 29th

Anonymous said...

JP - I can't remember if Zednik has signed on with anyone yet? Sorry for the trivial question, but I just can't remember. And no, I am not asking this because I am hoping he signs up with us.
thanks.

JP said...

Z signed with the Panthers - get ready to see him 8 times this year!