Sunday, May 04, 2008

The Eagle And The Chicken

I'll leave it up to you to decide which is the more intimidating bird (hint: not the chicken), but Cristobal Huet will be wearing both at the World Championships. Unfortunately for Huet, he's also be playing behind this group of clowns, a D-corps that allowed 48 shots against (four got by Cristo) in their loss... to Switzerland.

Noted Huet, "This was probably the toughest game for me all season. I haven’t faced that many shots all year."

And it won't get any easier, either - next up for Les Bleus, Nicklas Backstrom and Sweden.


Anonymous said...

Don't forget to vote for Huet's goalie mask.

Debcapsfan said...

Please post the awesome goal Green scored today in the World Championships. It made my day.

JP said...

I haven't seen a YouTube of it, but you can check it out in the highlight package here.

Anonymous said...

When your philosophy is "maybe our goalie can steal a game or two" you aren't going to do very well.