On Saturday night, Tyler emailed me the following:
TWO basketball games at VC today, early NHL game tomorrow. Sit 17 another game, especially if, as Tarik says, 17 hasn't really tested it yet.Well, Chris Clark played on Sunday afternoon... and tweaked his groin in what turned out to be an entertaining but wholly disappointing matinee loss to the Flyers.
I'm short on time this morning, so I'll leave the discussion to you guys. Did the Caps ever have a chance to win given the goaltending they got? Is it time to realize that Olie Kolzig is what he is at this point and adjust the defensive mentality a little to help him out by packing it in tighter in an effort to clear the endless rebounds and tie up opposing forwards? Will Alex Semin's all-around game ever develop? Will the team's skill players on the whole realize that not every play has to make SportsCentre to be effective?
Have at it in the comments, and for more thoughts on the game, check out Peerless, CapsChick, and, for an outsider's perspective, Hooks.
Elsewhere 'Round the Rinks:
Andrei Nikolishin apparently has some interesting things to say.... Happy 43rd Birthday to former Cap Alan May.
- Hart: Marc-Andre Bergeron (2G, including the game-winner, 3 SOG, 2 hits)
- Ross: Kimmo Timonen, Daniel Sedin (3 points each)
- Norris: Marc-Andre Bergeron (2G, including the game-winner, 3 SOG, 2 hits)
- Vezina: Rick DiPietro (W, 31 saves on 32 shots against)
- Richard: Andrew Brunette, Marc-Andre Bergeron, Mike Knuble (2G each)
- Calder: Josh Harding (W, 26 saves on 27 shots against)
- Aiken: Olaf Kolzig (4 goals allowed on 16 shots against in 26:08 of work)