Game One of the Bruce Boudreau era, and if you know what to expect from the Caps, let's hear it, because I sure don't (and if you were Bruce, how would your line combos and D-pairings look?). And while we're talking uncertainty, here's one for you - Alex Semin is questionable for the game with that same nagging ankle injury. Sweet.
As for the Flyers, they're fourth in the League in scoring, tenth in goals against average, have a great power play and a good penalty kill and are 6-1-1 at home - I think we know what to expect from them, namely one hell of a test for the visiting Caps.
Three weeks ago, the Caps and Flyers played a tight one at the Verizon Center - let's see if a reinvigorated Caps team can steal one on the road in a matinee in the City of Brotherly Love.
Elsewhere 'Round the Rinks:
Seven of the current Caps played under Boudreau in Hershey: Tomas Fleischmann, Mike Green, Boyd Gordon, David Steckel, Brooks Laich, Jeff Schultz and John Erskine.
- Hart: Martin Erat (G, 2A, +2 in 3-2 win)
- Ross: Daniel Alfredsson, Jason Spezza, Ryan Malone, Martin Erat (3 points each)
- Norris: Sergei Gonchar (G, A, +2, 3 SOG, 3 blocked shots)
- Vezina: Nikolai Khabibulin (30 saves on 31 shots against in shootout win)
- Richard: Ryan Malone, Jason Spezza (2G each)
- Calder: Tyler Kennedy (G, 3 hits, 2 takeaways)
- Aiken: Marc-Andre Fleury (2 goals allowed on 4 shots against in just 10:55 of work)