I'm having some difficulty this morning. I can't decide which is my favorite quote from Tarik's recap of last night's game:
A big game from AO, a big game from Muffins and a big game from Johnnie. The Caps are doing a great job of making chicken soup from chicken poop down the stretch and have the chance to end the season on a real high note with a win against Buffalo on Saturday.
"Today, the Thrashers see a good team -- the Capitals." - Alex Ovechkin
"They did the right things and worked us." - Andy Sutton
By my math, if Olie Kolzig can give up one goal or less on Saturday, his goals against average for the year will end up below 3.00. If he gives up two goals in 60 or more minutes, he'll end up sub-three, but if he gives up a pair in 59 minutes or fewer, he'll be at three. Yes, it's that close.
Finally, everyone should read Vogel's post on Steve Eminger, and by "everyone" I mean everyone - Rink readers, Caps management, hockey fans, Dick Cheney, Jessica Alba... everyone.
The Brilliant Musings Of J.P. You May Have Missed From The FanHouse
- Hart: Alexander Ovechkin (2G, including the game-winner, -1, 4 SOG)
- Ross: Alexander Ovechkin, Boyd Gordon, Andy MacDonald, Chris Pronger, Marcel Goc (2 points each)
- Norris: Chris Pronger (2A, +1, 5 SOG, 3 hits)
- Vezina: Evgeni Nabokov (W, 37 saves on 39 shots against in SO win)
- Richard: Alexander Ovechkin (2G)
- Calder: Ryane Clowe (Game-winning shootout goal)
- Aiken: Mark Hartigan, Joe DiPenta, Kent Huskins (combined -6, 0 points, 0 SOG, 1 hit in 3-2 shootout loss)