Personal obligations have prevented me from properly maintaining The Rink the past couple of days, but hopefully I'll be back on the proverbial Zamboni later today or tomorrow.
As always, get all the latest Caps news over at Washington Hockey Daily, and feel free to comment here about last night's game (Alex Semin's dangling, Kris Beech's breakaway, the team's collective inability to lift a puck - whatever) or any other Caps-related topic of interest.
With February nearly upon us and Florida, Pittsburgh, the Isles, Boston and L.A. next up on the schedule, it's time for the Caps to make hay while the sun shines if they want to make a run at the playoffs.
- Southeast Division Player of the Day: Ilya Kovalchuk (2G, 3 SOG, 3 hits)
- Hart: Daniel Briere (3G, +3, 5 SOG)
- Ross: Daniel Briere, Maxim Afinogenov, Slava Kozlov, Jamie Langenbrunner, Nicklas Lidstrom (3 points each)
- Norris: Nicklas Lidstrom (3 primary assists in Detroit's 4-3 comeback win)
- Vezina: Marc-Andre Fleury (32-save shutout win)
- Richard: Daniel Briere (3G)
- Calder: David Moss (GWG, A, +2, 2 SOG)
- Kotter: Craig Conroy (2G, 4 SOG, 4 hits, 2 blocked shots in return to Calgary)
- Aiken: Hannu Toivonen (L, 6 goals allowed on 23 shots against in 40 minutes of work)