A couple of haikus today (and yes, I know they're supposed to have some natural/seasonal reference but these don't. Deal.):
Lord knows most will not
As for the papers
The WaPo's coverage is here
And the Times' is here
In other news from around the rinks:
- Theo Fleury is at it again. According to a report in the CP,
Former NHL star Theo Fleury was ejected from a British Elite Ice Hockey League game Sunday night following an altercation with Coventry fans.
Fleury, playing for the Belfast Giants, was in the penalty box in the second period when fans began yelling at him. Fleury then reportedly tried to get at some of the spectators, earning a game misconduct from referee Mike Hicks.
- And speaking of atypical fan/player interactions, there's this story from Montreal, where "a stranger in full hockey equipment jumped on the ice during a Montreal practice and shot a puck at [Habs goalie Jose Theodore]." I know you're wondering, and yes, Theodore did stop the guy, raising his save percentage over the past week to .828. Seriously. Do the math.
My question is why didn't any of Theodore's teammates come to his aid and lay out the guy? Actually, I think Sheldon Souray was going to, but he only hits his wife.
- Hart: Martin Brodeur (22 save shutout win)
- Ross: Marek Svatos, Jonathan Hedström (3 points each)
- Norris: Sergei Zubov (2A, +1)
- Vezina: Martin Brodeur (22 save shutout win)
- Richard: Marek Svatos, Jonathan Hedström (3G each)
- Calder: Marek Svatos (3G, +1)
- Aiken: Mathieu Garon (L, 6 goals against on 27 shots)