The Caps start a three-game road swing tonight in Buffalo and expect to have Olie Kolzig back between the pipes (here's to hoping they let Brent Johnson get a little time in net as well now and again, as his early woes seem to be related to a lack of ice time. Imagine that). Speaking of Johnson, he's the subject of the WTimes' Caps article today. Glad you're back, Dave Fay.
The WaPo's coverage is here, and the paper even treats us to a little bonus coverage - Tony Kornheiser has jumped on the AO bandwagon (there's always room for one more).
- Hart: Jason Arnott (Hat trick, +2)
- Ross: Shawn Bates, Jason Blake, Jason Arnott (3 points each)
- Norris: Joni Pitkanen (2G)
- Vezina: Marc-Andre Fleury (OT W, 45 saves on 47 shots against)
- Richard: Jason Arnott (3G)
- Calder: Sidney Crosby (2G, including OT game winner, A, +2)
- Aiken: Adam Berkhoel (L, 7 goals against on 39 shots)
- Last night's games: We missed the St. Louis/Columbus game pretty badly. And the Wings/Flames. Today we find ourselves sub-.500 for the first time. Fluke or trend? Stay tuned. Current Record: 3-4.
- Tonight's game: There are no gimmes here at The Rink, so tonight's game will be a big Northeast Division matchup as the Leafs head south to Boston. Boston is struggling right now, and we expect it to continue - 5-3 Leafs.