The Caps giveth and Brent Johnson giveth away. Given a chance to boost his confidence, get on a personal roll and give Olie Kolzig an extra night off, Johnson was, to put it bluntly, awful. But yesterday didn't you advocate giving Johnson more playing time? Yes. And I was wrong. The Caps fought back from down 6-1 and facing a 7-minute penalty kill to draw to within 6-4, but Johnson let in another couple of bad goals and the game finished at 8-5 for the home team. I can't even talk about it any more. I'm starting to break out in hives.
The WaPo's coverage is here, the WTimes' here. Next up, a trip to Montreal for Saturday night's game with the Habs.
- Hart: Shawn Horcoff (4 3rd period assists in OT win)
- Ross: Shawn Horcoff, Ales Hemsky (4 points each)
- Norris: Lubomir Visnovsky (2G)
- Vezina: Mikael Tellqvist (W, 31 saves on 32 shots against)
- Richard: Kevyn Adams, Taylor Pyatt (3G each)
- Calder: Mikael Tellqvist (W, 31 saves on 32 shots against)
- Aiken: Brent Johnson (L, 8 goals against on 27 shots)
- Last night's game: We're in a full-on tailspin, dropping three in a row with last night's Edmonton come-from-behind-blow-the-lead-win-in-OT win against Detroit. Current Record: 3-5.
- Tonight's game: A couple of high-scoring teams face-off in Philly as the Thrashers come to town to take on the host Flyers. Philly 6, Atlanta 4.