Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Tuesday Roundup/Gamenight: Cats @ Caps

[SeSo Open Thread]

So what happened in Tampa stayed in Tampa, which is just fine by me because, quite frankly, I've had enough with the losing - the losing can stay down there (and maybe latch onto the Devil Rays), and the Caps can finish strong back up north. In fact, I think I'd rather sit through this in its entirety than another Caps loss. Maybe not.

In lieu of the revolutionary brand of hockey analysis you're used to getting here at The Rink, today I wanted to talk about something dear to my heart: partying. In fact, not just partying on my own (which, truth be told, I've been known to do), but partying with you guys and gals (though the "and gals" part has very strict wife-imposed guidelines... come to think of it, those same guidelines probably apply to partying with guys as well, though I'll ask her for a clarification of the rules on that point).

Anyway, details are coming together as I write this, but it looks as if this coming Saturday KB and I will be hosting a little post-game shindig at Clyde's next to the V.C. for Rink readers, Caps fans, fellow bloggers and... wait for it... V.I.P. guests. We expect to reserve a room upstairs and have some decent swag that we're going to raffle off, too, so mark you calendars, save the date, get a baby-sitter (for you, not the kids) and plan on joining us this Saturday from 4:00 - 7:00 at Clyde's.

Details to follow (it'll likely be $20 a head, which will include an hour of open bar, some light food and an entry in the raffle), but spread the word, and if you plan on attending, drop us a quick email at Rink.rsvp@gmail.com so we can get a head count. Cheers.

Back to tonight's game, I don't ordinarily do this, but I'll go out on a Tortorellian limb and guarantee a victory.

You can write that, I don't [care] what you write. It is a guarantee.

The Brilliant Musings Of J.P. You May Have Missed From The FanHouse
That's a one-time thing - I promise not to innundate you with a list that long ever again.

Daily Awards
  • Hart: Lee Stempniak (2G, +2, 3 SOG)
  • Ross: Lee Stempniak, Jamal Mayers, Brenden Morrow (2 points each)
  • Norris: Christian Backman (A, +2, 1 SOG, 2 takeaways, 0 giveaways, 2 blocked shots)
  • Vezina: Curtis Sanford (W, 28 saves on 30 shots against)
  • Richard: Lee Stempniak (2G)
  • Calder: D.J. King (A, fighting major)
  • Aiken: Jeff Halpern (0 points, -3, 1 SOG)

No comments: