- A four-goal third period pushed the Bruins past the Habs 5-2. Hannu Toivonen had 39 saves for the B's and allowed only two power play tallies.
- Dominik Hasek saved 23 of the 25 shots he faced in Ottawa's 5-2 win over Buffalo. The win ran the Senators perfect preseason record to 5-0-0 and it looks like everyone is jumping on the Sens bandwagon (see picture).
- Detroit took Columbus behind the shed and beat them down 9-0. Robert Lang scored twice in the Wings' rout. Defensemen Adam Foote and Bryan Berard did not play for the Jax.
- Bill Guerin had a pair of goals and rookie Jussi Jokinen (most Finnish name ever?) scored with under a minute left in overtime to lift the Stars past the Blues 5-4.
- A pair of Chris Simon goals and 19 saves from Miikka Kiprusoff were more than enough for the Flames to down the Oilers 5-0 in yet another preseason round of the Battle of Alberta.
- Vesa Toskala stopped everything and Wayne Primeau scored the game's lone goal in the Sharks' 1-0 win over Phoenix. San Jose is now 6-0.
- Vancouver beat Anaheim 3-1.
Post a Comment