Ovechkin-Backstrom-ClarkI guess the thinking there is that you might as well play Semin with two guys who could barely score into an empty net, since they won't be passed the puck anyway.
Here's the question of the day, though - is Glen Hanlon's discipline applied consistently and/or should it be? My point here is that Milan Jurcina is far from the only Cap to make a mistake in the past month, but he seems to be punished for his screw-ups more openly, whereas other players seem to get free pass after free pass. Thoughts?
Elsewhere 'Round the Rinks:
The Caps passed on claiming Ilya Bryzgalov off waivers, allowing the Coyotes to claim the Russian netminder, who promptly went out and shut out the Kings in his Phoenix debut.... Chris Bourque had a pair of goals in Hershey's win over Bridgeport last night, but the interesting note in the Lancaster Online summary is that Bears coach Bruce Boudreau "is rumored to be a possible replacement if management decides to fire Caps coach Glen Hanlon." Not that that's news, I just hadn't seen it in print.
- Hart: Patrick Sharp (3G, including the game-winner, A, +4, 7 SOG)
- Ross: Patrick Sharp (4 points)
- Norris: Michal Rozsival (2G)
- Vezina: Ilya Bryzgalov (28-save shutout win)
- Richard: Patrick Sharp (3G)
- Calder: Eric Nystrom (2A, +1)
- Aiken: Antero Niittymaki (2 goals allowed on 2 shots against in just 20 minutes of work)