The team gets back on the ice today (and likely back to work on the power play), so there should be plenty of news - or at least more speculation - coming out of K-Plex. Stay tuned.
Elsewhere 'Round the Rinks
The AP not-so-gently reminds us that the season is 82 games long (to which I remind them that two points in October count the same as two points in April).... On this date in 1987, Mike Gartner had his 13th career hat trick for the Caps in a 6-4 win over Chicago.... Speaking of history, it was on this date in 1989 that, for the first time, two Russian players faced each other in an NHL game (the Flames' Sergei Makarov and Sergei Priakin matched up against the Devils' Slava Fetisov and Sergei Starikov).
- Hart: Matt Cullen (G, 2A, +1, 4 SOG, 54% faceoffs won)
- Ross: Matt Cullen, Justin Williams, Cory Stillman (3 points each)
- Norris: Dennis Seidenberg (A, +2, 3 blocked shots)
- Vezina: Cam Ward (W, 27 saves on 28 shots against)
- Richard: 8 players tied with 1G each
- Calder: Kris Newbury (Played... the only rookie that did Tuesday night)
- Aiken I: Vesa Toskala (L, 7 goals allowed on 39 shots against)
- Aiken II: The rest of the Leafs