I was travelling last night and missed the game, so it's on you guys to carry the discussion today. What went right? What went wrong? What do you expect tonight?
Finally, KB took this picture of the team huddled around its felled captain in the last minute of the game (Tarik has a "non" update on Clarkie's condition here), and if a picture's worth a thousand words, this one may sum up last night's game:
Why The Blues Will Win:
"- Ovechkin is TOO good.Daily Awards
- The Blues motto this year is, "Whatever it takes"... I think that says it all.
- Washington plays the night before vs. Vancouver....well that just sucks for you guys.
- Brent Johnson (Johnny Marlboro) could get the start...no way we lose to him in our own building.
- Olaf Kolzig could get the start...no way we lose to him in our own building.
- The Blues will mistake Washington for an actual NHL club and play most of their starters. And not until midway through the 2nd, when it is 4-0 Blues, will the Blues realize they could have started their Peoria lineup and probably still gotten the win.
- Tkachuk's name sounds like the sound of a slapshot.
- Half of our team will be wearing heated skate blades.
- Brett Hull used to play for us.
- Detroit sucks."- Let's Go Blues.com
"11. Caps fourth line just got AOL layoff notices.
10. Olaf Kolzig's five hole almost as big as the St. Louis Arch.
9. Washington Capitals? What was the District of Columbia Districts already taken?
8. We thought Kolzig retired about 5 years ago.
7. Market Street is better than K Street.
6. Rod Langway did retire. A looooong time ago.
5. You have the wrong Backstrom.
4. When the Caps redesigned their uniforms, did they really want to throw back to the "glory days" of last-place finishes in the Patrick Division?
3. Everyone knows that the Washington message doesn't play outside the Beltway.
2. Ovechkin too bummed he can’t play with his Semin all game.
1. Brent Johnson plays for you guys now." - St. Louis Game Time
- Hart: Tomas Plekanec (2G, 2A, 4 SOG)
- Ross: Tomas Plekanec (4 points)
- Norris: Mark Streit (G, A, 4 SOG)
- Vezina: Jose Theodore (W, 39 saves on 41 shots against)
- Richard: Tomas Plekanec, Taylor Pyatt, Henrik Zetterberg (2G each)
- Calder: Kyle Chipchura (G, +1)
- Aiken: Cam Ward (L, 5 goals allowed on 15 shots against in just 20 minutes of work)