Given the salaries we've seen this past week and what Jerky and Laich have accomplished to date as NHLers, what do you think they're worth?
Update: About.com has a great explainer on how the process works, including this:
The evidence that can be used in arbitration cases:
Evidence that is not admissible:
- The player's "overall performance" including statistics in all previous seasons.
- Injuries, illnesses and the number of games played.
- The player's length of service with the team and in the NHL.
- The player's "overall contribution" to the team's success or failure.
- The player's "special qualities of leadership or public appeal."
- The performance and salary of any player alleged to be "comparable" to the player in the dispute.
- The salary and performance of a player who signed a contract as an unrestricted free agent.
- Testimonials, video and media reports.
- The financial state of the team.
- The salary cap and the state of the team's payroll.