Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Ovechkin On Steroids?

No, not really. At least not that I know of.

Anyway, I first saw this over at Tarik's blog, then on PR Newswire. Upper Deck Authenticated is releasing a limited number of Alex Ovechkin action figures (pictured below) designed with "stylized realism." The price tag? A whopping $49.99 for the home version and $99.99 for the pair of 11-inch toys.

If you're looking for something a little more realistic (and cheaper), I suggest the McFarlane figure. In fact, the one that I ordered arrived just yesterday, and it's pretty darn sweet. Get 'em before the price goes up for the "throwback" uniforms!

2 comments:

CD said...

My sister got me the McF version for my birthday. As it's my third one (you bought me my first one, JP, the Amonte), i'm now being accused of having a doll collection. i think i'm going to go the full route and get the Afro Samurai figurines and call it a day. Or maybe some Barbies.

Anonymous said...

LMAO cd...

I recently acquired the new Ovechkin McF model. It's nice but the face looks nothing like Alex and the visor isn't tinted as advertised on the website.

Still, a better bang for your buck. $50 for these comic book figures is ridiculous.