Friday, March 02, 2007

TEB <3 Datsyuk

Tarik El-Bashir is doing his weekly online chat at the WaPo and he is convinced that Wings center Pavel Datsyuk will be at the top of the Caps' free agent shopping list in the offseason. Personally, I'm not as convinced, but here's what Tarik had to say:

Arlington, Va.: Okay, short and sweet. [Scott] Gomez or Datsyuk?

Tarik El-Bashir: I'd be shocked if the Caps didn't target Datsyuk. After all, he's played with Ovechkin in Russia, and they "think" the game the same way. That said, I love Gomez's game. I'm pretty sure both are going to be hearing from the Caps the moment free agency begins.

Rockville, Md.: "The NHL prohibits managers from discussing players who are the property of other teams, so I'm not at liberty to mention specific names, but we track the status of every player the in league as well as where each team stands in relation to the salary cap." Is that code for "I want to go after [Daniel] Briere"?

Tarik El-Bashir: No, it's code for: "I want to go after Datsyuk."

No comments: