Bow down and worship his Crosbyness!
I haven't been this pissed about a Caps game in years. I suppose that's a silver lining. Just looked like they ran outta gas.
They definitely ran out of gas - third game in four nights, fourth in six. When they had the energy, the dominated. When the didn't... well, they didn't.But give credit where it's due - once Therrien united Divey McFlopsalot and Elbows the Defektor, they were almost unstoppable.
Also worth noting -Whoever put a wallet-sized pic of a smiling Sid with the text "I'm Thirsty" on it in every urinal in the Verizon Center is simultaneously sick and brilliant.And if there were any real Pens fans there last night, they would have reached in and removed the pictures.
1) Fatigue or not, no excuse to blow that kind of a lead at home. Especially against a team that had NO CLUE in its own end2) The Pitt defense is aweful. The caps couldn't finish on a number of occations that could have ended any chance of a come-back. 3) Kolzig also didn't have a great game. Since that piece in the Washington Times last Friday he's been pretty bad his last 2 starts
1) One other comment. Not sure what the announced attendance was, but it had to be a disappointment. a) It was a giveaway night b) The Caps were playing a big rival c) The team has been playing well 2) Despite those factors, if not for the 3-4 thousand(conservative estimate) Pens fans there, the caps would have their usual 9-10,000 there. No excuse for that.
Agreed about attendence, FR. I'm a full-season ticket holder, and I keep waiting for a good crowd. Not a great night for Kolzig, but those two wristers for goals 2 and 3 were nasty.Anyone know why there was such a quick hook with the game misconducts?
They lost the game because of a lack of depth: Both F depth and D depth. Third game in four nights, short a D, too much ice time for John Erskine, etc. I think what's happening here is very simple: This team has a chance to be a playoff team. But GMGM's failure to address key defincies at C and D will cost us a spot. I'm not calling for his head or anything, but I think it's pretty clear that the Caps are some depth away from the No. 6/7/8 seed.
I agree wrt the team's lack of depth. It's this simple - how good can your second line center possibly be if you can't put him on the ice in a 4-4 game late in the third?
There was cap room and there were sub-$1M options. Inexcusable. It's gonna cost Ted a lot of playoff gate.
1) We don't doubt that the 3 game in 4 hurt, and the ejection of Muir also didn't help the fatigue factor. 2) The question we then ask Hanlon is; Why did he only go with 4 defensemen in the 3rd period? Green sat most of the period except for some brief PP time. The kid has hardly been a defensive liability as one of the better +/- on the team
Clearly Hanlon was more comfortable keeping his other two pairing together rather than playing the kid with a partner with whom he was less familiar.
1) We understand that. Would Hanlon have done the same thing if Pothier were ejected? Have Morrisson sit?
No - he probably would have bumped Muir up to that pairing and sat Green.
I agree with tyler about the team's lack of depth at C and D. It really showed last night--especially when you stop battling in the corners and along the boards. I was shouting at the ceiling during the 2nd, destroying my furniture during the 3rd and finally collapsed in a palsy during OT, when they failed to finish it with a man advantage.
Dear JP, Please ban the use of the first-person plural. Thank you.Sincerely,Me.
Dear JP, Please ban the use of silly requests. Thank you.Sincerely,Us.
We find the stupid 'we' thing annoying. And there are more of us than there are of you. So find a new distinguishing affectation already.
1) Sorry your so abhorred by the use of certain pronouns. You may want to have your medication adjusted.2) We will continue to post our hockey/Caps opinions on this forum. If you don't appreciate them, skip over them. We're sure that's simple enough, even for you?3) Geez, some folks are awfully sensitive
THIS IS THE WORD!I wasn't complaining about your (singular) opinions, just your distracting affectation. THIS IS THE WORD!(Like it?)
1) Have no idea why our writing style would be 'distracting' to you or anyone. 2) Perhaps they should up your Ritalin a tad so you can concentrate better and not be distracted by a plural pronoun.3) That is OUR Final WORD on this matter. Lets move on.
Post a Comment