Lost a bit in the madness that surrounded the end of Wednesday night's game against Atlanta is the fact that the Caps have now dropped four straight games (two in overtime), doubling the previous season-high winless streak. Now the Caps must face the Maple Leafs without the services of checking-line center Brian Sutherby and enforcer Donald Brashear as a result of the suspensions handed down in the wake of the Atlanta game.
To fill a roster spot, Eric Fehr has been recalled from Hershey, which is exciting, and apparently Alex Semin participated fully in practice yesterday, meaning he's close to returning. The Caps are in dire need of the scoring punch that these two kids can provide, as the team has scored more than two goals only once since November 6.
- Hart: Scott Hartnell (2G, A, +2, 5 SOG)
- Ross: Scott Hartnell, Paul Kariya (3 points each)
- Norris: Shea Weber (G, A, +1, 4 SOG, 2 hits)
- Vezina: Tomas Vokoun (W, 21 saves on 21 shots against in 39:58 of work)
- Richard: Scott Hartnell (2 goals)
- Calder: Alexander Radulov (GWG, A, +2 in just 7:59 of ice time)
- Aiken: Dany Sabourin (L, 5 goals allowed on 24 shots in 52:35 of work)