The Caps looked like a team playing it's 11th game in 12 days last night, which is bad since it was only their third game in four nights. Aren't these kids supposed to be full of energy? Isn't their veteran goalie supposed to be able to maintain focus for sixty minutes every night? And Ben Clymer on the shift in which his turnover led to the Brad Richards goal was playing like he is still on the Lightning payroll. Now it's off to face the Westerns where things can go from not-so-bad to worse before the team finally returns home in November.
Read all about last night's game in the WaPo and WTimes and look for more postgame coverage over at SeSo.
Elsewhere 'Round the Rinks:
- Hart: Alexei Yashin (4A in 4-3 win over the Champs)
- Ross: Alexei Yashin, Sheldon Souray (4 points each)
- Norris: Sheldon Souray (2G, 2A)
- Vezina: Mike Smith (22-save shutout win in NHL debut)
- Richard: Nikita Alexeev, Andrew Brunette, Drury, Marian Hossa, Dean McAmmond, Sheldon Souray, Lee Stempniak, Darcy Tucker, Antoine Vermette (2G each)
- Calder: Mike Smith (22-save shutout win in NHL debut)
- Aiken: Martin Brodeur (L, 6 goals allowed on 26 shots face in just 33:57).