Tonight the once-beaten Atlanta Thrashers come to town for a Southeast Shootout (why do I keep saying that?). Prior to the game, the Caps will be honoring Alex Ovechkin's Calder-winning season and giving out commeorative AO coins that will be quite valuable (perhaps even moreso than these) when we shift to an all hockey-player-coin-based economy.
Today's WaPo discusses the Caps' proclivity for taking penalties (shocking), AO's shootout woes (not something to get too worried about), and Brian "Potsy" Pothier's ice time (it's a lot) and the WTimes (nice of you Moonies to resume your Caps coverage, btw) covers tonight's ceremony and generally previews the game.
Oh, and I can't make tonight's game, so if anyone is going and can snag an extra magnetic schedule for me, I'll be forever in your debt (or at least I'll pay postage and buy you a beer or something). Danke.
Thread of the Day:
- Hart: Ryan Miller (41 saves on 43 shots against through OT in shootout win to keep the Sabres perfect)
- Ross: Henrik Sedin, Kevin Bieksa (3 points each)
- Norris: Kevin Bieksa (G, 2A, +1)
- Vezina: Ryan Miller (41 saves on 43 shots against through OT in shootout win)
- Richard: Jason Williams, Jon Sim, Craig Adams (2 goals each)
- Calder: Matt Carle (A, +2)
- Aiken: Roberto Luongo (L, 6 goals allowed on 37 shots against)