Saturday, June 17, 2006

Mmmm... Crow...

A post over at Capitol Punishment got me thinking introspectively. I guess I hold myself out as somewhat knowledgeable about most things NHL. I've got theories, I've got stats. I've got anecdotes, I've certainly got opinions.

But looking back at my preseason predictions, one thing became all too apparent: a glue-huffing monkey could have done a better job of previewing the Eastern Conference Champion Hurricanes than I did. A couple of my favorite quotes from my Team Preview:
At the risk of stating the obvious, this is not a playoff team.
It looks like Carolina may be the Caps' most bitter rival in 2005-06, as the two teams battle to stay out of the Southeast cellar and dream of the top pick in the 2006 draft.
Then again, my Oilers' preview was pretty spot-on, and some of my individual awards calls were surprisingly good as well. But man, that 'Canes preview might call for a suspension of my Hockey Blogger credentials. I guess I'll wait to hear from Colin Campbell.

No comments: