Speaking of you-know-who, a Rink GOTV drive is underway. Go here and vote "yes" to the current poll and make your voice heard.
Finally, if you needed another reason to love "The Goal," here it is: before it was scored, most in the hockey world considered this the goal of the year (though The Rink knew otherwise, and that Jason Spezza's overtime goal against the Habs was more deserving of that accolade).
In other news from around the hockey world:
- Things are so bad in Pittsburgh that... Ziggy Palffy has retired?!
- Happy Birthdays go out to Hall of Famer Syl Apps (b. 1915) and future Hall of Famer Mark Messier (b.
- Hart: Patrik Elias (3A, including the primary assist on the game-winner, +2)
- Ross: Patrik Elias, Jamie Langenbrunner (3A each)
- Norris: Frederick Meyer, IV (G, A, +2)
- Least Intimidating Name In The NHL: Frederick Meyer, IV (Frederick Meyer, IV)
- Vezina: Rick DiPietro (1 goal against on 35 shots in overtime win)
- Richard: Brian Gionta, Milan Hejduk (2G)
- Calder: Adam Munro (L, 2 goals against on 23 shots in overtime loss)
- Aiken: Curtis Sanford (3 goals against on 11 shots in 28:28 before being pulled)