In other Caps news, there's a new Alex Ovechkin interview up at Russian Hockey Digest. The kid continues to say all the right things (when asked, for example, why he wasn't made the Caps' captain, he quickly responds "No, no, no! There is nothing to discuss about, I'm a new player in the team."). But my personal favorite line?
"I'm only 20, and I have a wagon and a carriage full of power."Some guys have just a wagon full of power. Others, only a carriage. Some have but a rickshaw of might or a shopping cart's worth of brawn. But not Alex. Alex has a wagon and a cart. And they're full of power.
Speaking of El Ocho, check out a great montage of his first few weeks' worth of highlights here (trust me, it's worth the wait to download it).
Elsewhere around the League:
- Flyer blueliner Joni Pitkanen is out 4-6 weeks with a torn abdominal muscle. Ouch.
- The Flyers and 'Hawks exchanged role players with Philly sending Patrick Sharp and Eric Meloche to the Windy City for Matt Ellison and a pick.
- Hart: Brandon Bochenski (3G, A, +2)
- Ross: Brandon Bochenski (3G, A)
- Norris: Andrej Meszaros (A, +3, 5 SOG)
- Vezina: Henrik Lundqvist (W, 22 saves on 23 shots against)
- Richard: Brandon Bochenski (3G)
- Calder: Brandon Bochenski (3G, A, +2)
- Aiken: Roberto Luongo (L, 6 goals against on 33 shots in 45:44)