In other news from around the League and beyond:
- Alright, this is one of the more offensive (yet safe for most people's work) thing I've ever seen.
- Erik Cole became the first player in NHL history to have two penalty shots in the same game last night in Buffalo. He scored on the first of the two and was denied on the second.
- Hart: Erik Cole (GWG, 2A, +1)
- Ross: Cory Stillman, Erik Cole, Marc Savard, Tomas Vanek (3 points each)
- Norris: Mathieu Schneider (2A, +2)
- Vezina: Mike Dunham (26-save shutout win)
- Richard: David Vyborny, Tomas Vanek (2G each)
- Calder: Tomas Vanek (First two career NHL goals, A)
- Aiken: Mario Lemieux (0 points, -4. Lemieux was on the ice for all four of Atlanta's even strength goals in the Pens' 5-0 loss. In fact, the only Thrasher goal he wasn't on the ice for was the game-winner, scored while Mario was in the penalty box serving two minutes for tripping.)
Another new feature here at the Rink in which we highlight the game of the day/night and then make a prediction as to its outcome. Tonight's game?
- Colorado at Vancouver: The Avs return to the scene of the crime - literally - once again as the top two teams in the Northwest Division square off. Vancouver is undefeated at home (7-0-0), but is on a mini two- game losing streak, so something has to give. Our bet? Vancouver drops its first home game of the season, 4-3.